A pragmatic, common sense approach to the detection, evaluation and management of breast diseases and related imaging findings! The fourth edition of this best selling "how-to" book includes major revisions, including the expansion of the screening mammography and breast MRI chapters, as well as the addition of digital breast tomosynthesis studies. Rather than having selected cropped images, the print and online versions of this book provide the reader with thousands of high quality images and complete imaging evaluations, from the screening images to the diagnostic mammogram, and-when appropriate-images from ultrasound, MRI, imaging guided biopsy, and preoperative wire localizations. Bulleted "key-facts" describe clinical, imaging and histological findings for a spectrum of breast diseases.
With this book, breast-imaging radiologists are strongly encouraged to provide clinical, imaging and pathology concordance for optimal patient care, as well as direct and clinically relevant communication with providers and patients.Key Features:
- Picture yourself in front of a screening mammogram or breast MRI...what now? How do you know if the study is interpretable?What are you looking for? Where do you look? If you detect something, what is the next appropriate step and how do you describe the finding?
- You will have access to hundreds of complete patient evaluations with thousands of images that include screening and diagnostic mammography, digital breast tomosynthesis, ultrasound, magnetic resonance studies and imaging guided breast related procedures with relevant pathology results and, when appropriate, the pathological stage.
- Develop appropriate differential considerations for the spectrum of breast imaging findings and appropriate management strategies.
- Review the indications for imaging guided procedures with step-by-step descriptions for each procedure illustrated with diagrams and images.
- Establish an optimal QA/QC program for your mammography practice, based on the concepts published by the ACR, regarding testing across digital platforms in the online version of the book.
- Test your knowledge and skills with a self-assessment chapter online.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time - providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click