- Practice-oriented book focused on andrology
- Provide complete coverage of andrological topics
- Open Access book
- Includes photos and videoclips
This open access book offers a valuable resource for understanding the correct pathways in the context of sexual disorders, couple reproduction, gender identity dysphoria, conditions for which patients commonly ask for consultation and treatment.
Based on clinical evidence, international guidelines and experts experience, practical clinical management strategies are presented for each condition. Each clinical care pathway is based on updated algorithm, level of evidence, photos and video-clips that describes the clinical presentations and the best practice management through diagnostic tools and medical or surgical treatment.
Leading experts from the most important center of excellence in the field of sexual medicine joined to cover the field of andrology in its entirety, each of them dealing with a single topic from the top of their recognized experience and providing a complete and update textbook that will help urologists and other physicians in their daily clinical practice.
This book is thought to be a practical and valuable reference for urologists, gynecologists, endocrinologists, psychiatrics and psychologists, and residents who are not specialty trained in andrology.
It is designed for both young fellows training in different specialties and coming into contact with andrological issues for the first time and also more experienced clinicians and surgeons requiring updated guidelines and clear advice on the most controversial issues.
This book will represent an invaluable quick consulting tool, updated in its scientific contents and rich in tables, images and video-clips.Table of Contents
- Introduction: History of Sexual Medicine
- Sexuality and Sexual Orientation in the Twenty-First Century
- Erectile Dysfunction: From Pathophysiology to Clinical Assessment
- Erectile Dysfunction: Medical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Erectile Dysfunction, Surgical and Regenerative Therapy
- Peyronie’s Disease
- Orgasm and Ejaculation Disorders
- Female Sexual Dysfunctions: A Clinical Perspective on HSDD, FAD, PGAD, and FOD
- Penile Diseases and Dysmorphisms (Phimosis, Frenulum, Micropenis, and Buried Penis)
- Andrological Emergencies
- Andrological Aspects of Penile and Testicular Cancer
- Male Reproduction: From Pathophysiology to Clinical Assessment
- Clinical Interpretation of Semen Analysis
- Therapy in Oligozoospermia (Varicocele, Cryptorchidism, Inflammation, and Seminal Tract Infections)
- Therapy in Secretory and Obstructive Azoospermia
- Pathophysiology of Female Reproduction and Clinical Management
- Laboratory and Instrumental Diagnostics
- Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Male Sex Hormones in Andrology Today
- Gender Dysphoria: Overview and Psychological Interventions
- The Transgender: Endocrinological Assessment
- The Transgender: Legal Path to Surgery
- MtF Sex Reassignment Surgery: Trombetta Technique
- Gender Affirming Surgery: Assigned Female at Birth
- Sexual Pain Disorders, Vestibulodynia, and Recurrent Cystitis: The Evil Trio