- Focuses on the technical aspects of breast cancer radiation therapy
- Written by leading international authors in the field of breast cancer radiation and treatment
- Covers all recent radiation innovations
The book provides, in a comprehensive yet concise way, essential information to improve the knowledge and skills of all healthcare providers involved in the treatment of patients with breast cancer.
The content does not focus on general information that is widely available via different sources, but on technical aspects - "hands-on" daily practices and principles of radiation oncology that are not included in other books. Drawing on information taught in courses at e.g. the ESTRO School, as well as the authors' broad clinical experience, the respective contributions reflect and share the expertise of leading experts in breast cancer radiation therapy, supported by sound data and evidence. Each chapter includes a short introduction summarizing the evidence in the literature and "pearls" (a short bullet-point summary), and is enriched by tables, figures and illustrations to provide a concise, easy-to-follow and appealing overview.
The book, containing also useful electronic supplementary material, will be of interest to a wide range of readers, including radiation oncologists, radiation technicians, medical physicists, and others involved in breast cancer care.Contents Overview
- Quality Management.-
- Essential Knowledge
- Radiation Therapy Preparation
- Treatment Planning
- Radiation Therapy Delivery
- After Completion of Radiation Therapy
- Specific Technical Topics
- Specific Disease Topics
- Risk Assessment and Radiation Quality Assurance