focuses on the latest guidance for the implementation and use of telemedicine in eye care settings. Detailing both benefits and challenges, this consolidated resource combines evidence-based literature with expert perspectives.
Practicing and trainee ophthalmologists and optometrists will find this an indispensable resource for understanding the current issues and opportunities surrounding the integration of telemedicine into standard clinical practice.
Enhanced eBook version included with purchase.
- Covers a range of topics, including remote patient monitoring, video communication skills, technology selection, and best practices for ensuring patient data protection.
- Addresses the challenges associated with integrating telemedicine into clinical practice including reimbursement issues, ethical/legal considerations, implementation strategies, and patient engagement.
- Features concise chapters written by a team of thought leaders on telemedicine.
- Consolidates today's available information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
- Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 General
- 3 Oculoplastics
- 4 Anterior Segment & Cornea
- 5 Glaucoma
- 6 Retina
- 7 Pediatric Ophthalmology
- 8 Neuro-ophthalmology
- 9 Techniques into Training Curriculum and Future Practice.
- 10 Global Telehealth
- 11 In-home monitoring devices
- 12 Needs Assessment
- 13 Stakeholder engagement and Patient Buy in
- 14 Technology considerations
- 15 Coding & Billing & Reimbursement
- 16 Ethical and Legal Considerations
- 17 Quality
- 18 Ocular Triage
- 19 AI
- 20 Education