- overs all clinically relevant aspects of congenital and acquired pediatric kidney diseases
- Includes many clinical algorithms
- Documents the latest treatment guidelines based on research findings
- Supports understanding of children’s kidney disease and appropriate treatment
- Written by internationally renowned experts in the field
Over the course of the previous seven editions, Pediatric Nephrology has become the standard reference text for students, trainees, practicing physicians (pediatricians, nephrologists, internists, and urologists), subspecialists, and allied health professionals seeking information about children’s kidney diseases. It is global in perspective, reflecting the fact that the international group of editors are all acknowledged world experts.
The latest edition of this text is no different, providing a comprehensive, state-of-the-art overview on pediatric nephrology. Much like the previous edition, the latest edition reviews the most critical aspects of the field. Topics covered include developmental physiology and diseases, renal physiology and diagnostic approaches, glomerular disease, kidney involvement in systemic diseases, renal tubular disorders, homeostasis, cystic kidney disease and related disorders, urinary tract disorders, hypertension, acute kidney injury, and chronic kidney failure.
Unlike the previous edition, however, the chapters in this edition now combine physiology, clinical management, and pathology for ease of use. The latest edition also includes a new section on the evaluation of different disorders that can have multiple etiologies, setting the stage for the evaluation and management of specific diseases.
This book serves as a superb resource and an invaluable asset for practitioners, health professionals, and trainees seeking out information about children's kidney diseases. Contents Overview
- Developmental Physiology and Diseases
- Renal Physiology and Diagnostic Approaches
- Glomerular Diseases
- Kidney Involvement in Systemic Diseases
- Renal Tubular Disorders
- Cystic Kidney Diseases and Related Disorders
- Urinary Tract Disorders
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Chronic Kidney Failure