- Focuses on the use of high-end ERCP procedures in complicated and refractory biliary and pancreatic diseases
- Describes innovative endoscopic techniques and therapeutic endoscopy management solutions
- Written by pioneering experts from around the world
This book provides a comprehensive overview of non-surgical treatments for complicated and refractory biliary and pancreatic lesions. In particular, it offers non-surgical treatment options for benign biliary strictures. For those suffering from intractable total biliary obstruction following biliary operation, magnetic compression anastomosis represents a good therapeutic option, and this technique is fully explained.
Moreover, the book describes diverse treatment modalities for hilar stricture, which is one of the most challenging areas of ERCP. Several chapters cover a variety of important aspects of this area. The book also aims to identify and solve the unmet needs for the diagnosis and treatment of biliary and pancreatic diseases. The precise explanations of treatment concepts and strategies will both increase readers’ knowledge and provide assistance in daily clinical practice.
The authors are pioneering experts from around the world, and the text is supported by numerous informative illustrations and helpful summaries.Table of Contents
- 1. High-level biliary strictures after living donor liver transplantation.-
- 2. Totally obstructed biliary stricture I concept and methods of MCA.-
- 3. Totally obstructed biliary stricture II Clinical applications and results of MCA.-
- 4. Percutaneous approach for refractory benign biliary stricture.-
- 5. SEMS insertion for hilar stricture: who, when and why?.-
- 6. SEMS insertion for hilar stricture: which stent, how and why?.-
- 7. SEMS insertion hilar stricture: ERCP vs. Per-cutaneous.-
- 8. Palliative therapy for malignant biliary obstruction.-
- 9. Differentiation of indeterminated biliary strictures.-
- 10. Characteristics of benign pancreatic duct stricture.-
- 11. Management of pancreatic stricture.-
- 12. Functioning biliary stents.