- Contains authoritative accounts of breast disease from an international team of authors
- Explores genetic biomarkers and imaging techniques in breast disease diagnosis
- Enables better diagnosis through the use of colour illustrations
This first of two fully updated volumes provides an in-depth account of breast disease characteristics, imaging and diagnosis. Covering from breast anatomy and tumor biology to benign and malignant lesions this is an indispensable companion for breast specialists, medical oncologists, radiologists and pathologists.
The new edition contains chapters covering nuclear medicine and a chapter explaining biostatistical and epidemiological terms and has been updated to reflect the latest changes in biomarkers and cancer staging. The book explores topics such as epidemiology, risk factors, pathological evaluation of tumors and biopsy techniques.
With a high number of colored illustrations and edited by highly experienced clinicians, this work enables readers to gain an interdisciplinary perspective on breast diseases. Contributions from an international team of experts present invaluable insight into pathological and epidemiological aspects of breast disease. Covering both theoretical and practical aspects of breast cancer this is a highly informative and carefully presented book which will appeal to an international audience of breast cancer practitioners.Table of Contents
- 1. Breast Anatomy and Physiology.-
- 2. Benign Diseases of the Breast.-
- 3. Benign Breast Tumors.-
- 4. Epidemiology, Risk Factors, and Prevention.-
- 5. Breast Imaging and Image-Guided Biopsy Techniques.-
- 6. Nuclear medicine in breast disease.-
- 7. Lobular Carcinoma In Situ.-
- 8. Ductal Carcinoma In Situ.-
- 9. Biology and Genetics of Breast Cancer.-
- 10. Clinical Aspects of Estrogen and Progesterone Receptors and ERBB2 Testing.-
- 11. Prognostic and Predictive Factors of Invasive Breast Cancer.-
- 12. Gene Arrays, Prognosis, and Therapeutic Interventions.-
- 13. Bone Marrow Micro metastases and Circulating Tumor Cells.-
- 14. Pathology of Breast Cancer.-
- 15. Intraoperative Pathological Examinations of Breast Lesions.-
- 16. Fibro-epithelial Tumors of the Breast.-
- 17. Mesenchyme Tumors of the Breast.-
- 18. Biostatistical and epidemiological terms.