- Provides a simplified approach to interpreting most diagnostic tests in the field of respiratory medicine
- Features up to date and accurate information covering well established and emerging tests methods
- Highly illustrated and well referenced for further reading
This revised and updated book provides a simplified approach to interpreting most diagnostic tests in the field of respiratory medicine.
Easy to understand and practical, it contains more than 125 illustrated diagrams and over 50 tables with essential information that summarize the various diagnostic tests and interpretative approaches in a simple and understandable fashion. Of special note are chapters on exercise testing and diagnostic tests for sleep disorders, the latter a new and emerging field. This new edition contains revised information based on the newest ATS guidelines.Pulmonary Function Tests in Clinical Practice
, Second Edition assists residents and fellows in internal medicine, pulmonology, allergology and critical care by explaining the key information obtained from lung volume measurement and increases understanding of pulmonary function tests within the modern diagnostic armamentarium.Table of Contents
- Lung Volumes.-
- Gas Transfer.-
- Bronchial Challenge Testing.-
- Respiratory Muscle Function & Other Pulmonary Function Studies.-
- Approach to PFT Interpretation.-
- Illustrative Cases on PFT.-
- Arterial Blood Gas Interpretation.-
- Exercise Testing.-
- Diagnostic Tests for Sleep Disorders.